Time flies, eh? Let's put the time into perspective for you...so you can re-live the feeling of being alive (and ten-years younger) when Pigdump came alive.
Here are some key popular culture thingamajigs and some political whosies that were filling the online and offline rags at the time - and remember, there were no BLOGS per se in the summer of 1999... Pigdump was Top Quality Content™ just about all by its lonesome!
- The initial release of Napster
- Texas Governor George W. Bush announces his intention to seek the Republican Party's nomination for President of the United States.
- The Dallas Stars defeated the Buffalo Sabres in triple overtime of game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals to win their first Stanley Cup. Brett Hull scored the controversial cup-winning goal to seal the victory.
- Apple Computer released the first iBook
- The world was introduced to Austin Powers in The Spy Who Shagged Me
- Night Shyamalan's The Sixth Sense is released into theaters.
- ABC's Who wants to be a Millionaire premieres hosted by Regis Philbin and give the contestants a chance at $1M
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is released.
- John F. Kennedy Jr. crashes his plane, killing him, his wife Carolyn, and her sister Lauren Bessette.
- Lance Armstrong wins his first Tour de France.
- Sega released the Dreamcast video game console worldwide, breaking video game and entertainment sales records in the first 24 hours of sales.
Leave your thoughts on Pigdump here...no, here. Heh heh.
But enough about the world and more about Pigdump. For your enjoyment on this special occasion, a little trip down memory lane with a cross-section of Pigdump entries through the years. And holy cow this barely scratches the surface! Dedicated to all my longtime visitors and my old pals at the Top Quality Content™ superportal...I love you all!